Announcing ONYX 18.5
The first RIP Solution with APPE 5
ONYX 18.5 is first to market with Adobe PDF Print Engine 5 (APPE) and is a huge step forward for print service providers who are looking for speed, reliability and superior quality output that can be validated to customers.
This new version release brings the very latest in technological advances including support for PDF 2.0 features such as black point compensation.
What speed and performance gains can be expected?
Customers are seeing RIP speeds that are 2X faster than other solutions. In addition, customers who use ONYX Thrive to drive their entire print shop are seeing production speeds that are at least 5X faster.
What do industry experts say about ONYX 18.5?
“The technology built into ONYX 18.5, coupled with Adobe PDF Print Engine 5, demonstrates that Onyx Graphics is committed to building state-of-the-art workflow solutions. Their continuing innovation increases the competitiveness of Onyx Graphics’ customer base, and raises the bar for the entire wide-format print segment.”
– Mark Leweicki, Senior Product Manager, Adobe.
Some new features include:
- 2X faster RIP speeds and at least 5X faster production speeds with ONYX Thrive
- APPE 5 with high impact color rendering and smoother edges for graphics
- Support for PDF 2.0 features including black-point compensation
- Enhanced iccMAX compatibility
- New Quick Set application library management
- Spot color tools for greater accuracy and vibrancy